What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, December 13, 2021

The Procession to Calvary: Revels with Pythons


 

Played this on my X-Box, and it was lots of fun simply because it's an excellent tribute to Monty Python. As a game, use a walkthrough, unless you enjoy testing every node and possibility. The puzzles in this game are simply as convoluted as a typical Monty Python sketch, with the outcomes just as unpredictable. Do not succumb to frustration. Look it up.

However, the style of the game is so enjoyable that I don't care about the obscure puzzles. The artwork is real artwork, taken from famous paintings (which are collected in a gallery in the game). The music on every screen is real classical music, with the attribution given if you click on the musicians. 

The animation is simply a cutout of the main character moving across the screen. Yes, you can double-click to run, thank goodness. The story involves murder, and the main character lusts after killing people. If you do that, however, you won't really be able to play the game. So, suspend your bloodlust. Example: I got a pair of crutches I needed by hacking down the cripple who was using them. Fair enough, I got the crutches. But I later learned that nobody would talk to me because of my bloodthirsty ways. 

You'll have plenty of characters to murder in the endgame. Hold off until then and find other ways to get your items.

The game is simply insane, and that's why it's fun. If you love Monty Python, you have to play it. If not, you're not going to get the joke.

I loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment