What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, January 4, 2019

The Fall of April 1: What a Nice Surprise!


So here I was, trying to decide which game to play next, when I get an FB Message saying that Mikael Nyqvist has a new Carol Reed game! I immediately went to the MDNA website and bought it. Very easy to purchase, just through Paypal, and I got the link through FB Messenger (which I need because I have not configured the email in this PC laptop--it's just for games). First got a Mac link, but I replied to Mikael and he sent me one for Win 10 also. Installed both games--although you have to work around your security systems to do that--and both work!

What a nice surprise! Of course I have started, and once you start one of these games you tend to go on exploring. One of the really nice things about Mikael's games is that there's always somewhere to go. One location leads to another (at least in this early part of the game), so it's pretty easy to just keep playing. 

However! I've looked all over Carol's apartment. It turns out that we only need to find two things there. This time we get a nice shot of the extensive game collection. I have lots of these!


Games in boxes! Whee!

The first location we examine is a house. I think I found all the stuff I needed, because I got the next location. However, no doubt we'll be returning there, because there was a computer that we'll need a password for, and there was a nice puzzle in a picture frame. No doubt I will find clues to those later. 

I did notice something I've seen before in these games: wall clocks with no hands. I spotted another one in the kitchen. I have never understood the reason for that!


In the upper right-hand corner. Why no hands?

Well, having found the clue and searched the house pretty thoroughly, I headed off to the next location. There I found a clue to the next location:


A Pamphlet

So off I go to that exhibition. An explorer took a hot air balloon to the North Pole in 1915. I gather that the party did not return. The balloon was named "April" after the explorer's deceased wife. As the game is called "The Fall of April," I'm assuming we will learn something about it crashing. We have to solve a pretty easy little quiz to get the next location. I always enjoy that kind of thing!

As always, we navigate through these games by means of a clickable map. Each time they change a bit. Here is this year's version.


I rather like this one. A bit surreal.

Even though I'm zooming along nicely in the game, I made myself stop. It's late, and I easily could play all night. But I'll save the fun for tomorrow!

These games are always fun to me! They can get quite challenging, however. I'll see if I can avoid getting too many hints this time.

Till tomorrow!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment