What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blue Madonna 1: Let's Go!




So here we go with the latest Carol Reed Mystery! 


As usual, we have abundant places to go tromping about in. Lots of those are indoors and extremely cluttered, also as usual.


The game starts with Carol's new client committing suicide, but we don't believe that for an instant, do we? Of course, we can't immediately just assume that she was murdered, but right now it seems a good bet.


So, I took off to the client's house. These places are fairly easy to find, because the options are so limited that you're bound to stumble across the clue fairly soon, which makes these games fun. Also, I've already found several puzzle boxes to unlock. The clues to these aren't always obvious, but again, options are few. I have managed to unlock one of the boxes, and have found a couple of clues that I suspect will help me with others, but so far they haven't.


I've been to the ruins of the monastery. Nice place, and clearly it's going to take at least one more visit, as there are a couple of things I haven't found the inventory items for yet.


So far this is a completely typical Carol Reed mystery, which is what I enjoy. These games tend to be pretty easy, with just a few mega-frustrating areas. The scenery, as always, is lovely. Damn I'd like to visit Norrköping someday.


But in the meantime I'm having fun just wandering around. I've made it to an old factory for which I must somewhere find a key. Hmmm. Bet it's in one of those puzzle boxes. Bet I know which one (or not).


Started the game late, though, and now it's time for beddie-bye.


Till tomorrow!


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment