What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, January 23, 2017

Profound Red 1: Back to Sweden!



Having finally finished Barrow Hill The Dark Path, I couldn't resist starting the latest Carol Reed Mystery, which came out last week!

Mikeal Nyqvist very kindly sent me the link to the game via Facebook Messenger, because normally you get the game link in an email message, but I have no intention of ever setting up the email on the PC. So I bought the game and asked him how he could help, and he came up with the Messenger solution. And it worked! I was able to download the game and here it is! (I might add that at last Mikeal has added a Mac version--just when I got this PC! That version works too, but I'll play it on the PC.)

I only dipped my little toe into the game. So far we have a suicide mystery, a suicide committed by a lady who clearly was not depressed. So, it's a murder mystery, of course!

So far I've only been to talk to a few people, have searched the victim's apartment and the hotel room she rented. I've found some puzzles that will have to be solved later when I have found the required items.

Of course we always start in Carol's apartment. I do wonder if this actually is the Nyqvist's apartment. It has this wonderful bookcase, full of intriguing stuff that I just can't quite see!

Sure wish I could get a close up on this bookcase!

Actually they do change things in the apartment with every game, but sadly, that awful wallpaper that "Carol" put up early in the series is still there.

There is a plant of rosemary in the living room. No doubt we'll need that at some point.

Anyway, I've started! Tomorrow I will continue. I can usually solve these games in just a day or two, but I certainly have fun with them! I'm hoping that Mikeal is able to make his living from them by now. This is game number twelve in the series, I believe! (And Mikeal has already made his usual appearance in the game. At least he's dressed normally this time!)

Until tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment