What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, October 12, 2017

To the Moon 1: A Journey Back in Memories?


I heard a lot of talk a while ago about this little game. I had an idea it was almost an interactive movie, but no, it really is a little game. Pretty simple. Easy to navigate. A few puzzles that are pretty self-explanatory. 

It seems that two scientists are helping a patient achieve his lifelong wish: to go to the moon. To do so we are accessing his memories. We travel with him through time by finding objects and activating them through a simple game:

Puzzle Partly Solved


Another Puzzle Solved

So, there's more gameplay than I expected, but it's pretty easy.

Also, there is a hauntingly lovely melody that seems to have a prominent place in the patient's memories. I'm not going to recount the story, but it does seems to be quite sentimental. One doctor, our main character, has plenty of empathy, the other doesn't. Also, there are a couple of children involved. No doubt we'll learn how that came about as we go through the game.

Presumably this turns out to be bittersweet, and clearly it's headed in that direction. A lighthouse features prominently:


To the Lighthouse?

So I'll continue! However, there seems to be a similar problem to the one I had with Fran Bow, although this time I can take screenshots. The artwork is extremely simple, even more so than in Fran Bow. I tried opening the game from my desktop shortcut icon, but it crashed fairly quickly. When I opened it directly from the Steam page it worked just fine.

I'm almost afraid to continue it today because I think I'm going to get caught up in the story and right now I have stuff to do. But I'll be back with it soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment