What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Nethergate Resurrection 6: Continuing On!



I have completed everything I can do before Goagh-Nar, outside of random outdoor encounters. Did quite a lot of quests, beyond just the Vale of the Sould, which is actually quite nicely challenging. 

You start by meeting the master of the business, which is giving people their requests at the cost of their souls and then renting the souls out to paying customers.


An interview


He gives you a quick, easy quest which resolves the quest you got from the Briganntine Temple. But the Bazaar Master wants ten soul jars smashed to release the imprisoned souls. That entails fighting your way through the dungeon and finding ten of them. There's an area in there that I didn't figure out how to reach, because it has two locked gates and I couldn't find the wheel that opens them. Might try going back, but I did get the Nether spell from the place, so I think, judging from what I can see with piercing sight, that it's just a few more jars. Still! I like to find everything!

Here's a jar that looks just like the ordinary soul jars, but makes a nicer picture. Careful of the jars you break! Not all are friendly!


Read the signs!

The tough part of the dungeon is that there's an area that goes completely dark and is full of hostile spiders and the beasts they create. There's where my trick of giving all my fighters one point of druidism really came in handy. I was able to preserve the magical energy of my spellcasters and let the fighters do their own healing.

After that the Bazaar Master had a couple of other quests, the most difficult of which involved killing the Widow Queen to steal her eggs. I'd already cleared out the whole maze, so it really wasn't that tough. She just looks big. Then again, I'm about halfway through the game now, so I'm getting stronger. There's a chest on a raised platform in that maze that I didn't figure out how to get to. There should have been a way. Will have to research that on the Spiderweb Forum.

The Bazaar Master also had me go fetch some black wolf fangs. My experience with the game helped me there. Got some very nice rewards from the Master, including the "beastskin" spell. 

I also found some more Sylak items. Won't get the pants of power, because that requires killing the Bazaar Master, and I'm not going to do that. Jeff likes to put these moral choices into his games.

So I'm now outside Goagh-Nar, ready to go after that again, but twice as powerful this time. I ought to be able to clear the place out and get all that loot this time! 

Onward!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment