What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, May 3, 2019

Machinarium 1: Robot Brains


Although I really need to do a WASD game to increase my skillz, I have a touch of tendonitis in my left wrist right now so I don't want to strain that. Better to stick with PnC for the time being.

This is a beautifully drawn little cartoony game that is tough, but actually can be solved if you just try each and every thing there is to do on the screen. It does make logical sense. OK. I like logic puzzles. However, this is going to take me quite a long time to complete, so I may start another PnC game as well.

Plus, I can't take screenshots on my Win 10 laptop—the shot just winds up as the underlying GOG screen. The screenshots do work on my Mac, however, so I'll play this game there. The Mac is my main computer and is in the same room as my treadmill, so I can take out my frustrations by walking. Good for me.


Super artwork here!


So far I have conquered the first puzzle without hints—putting together my little robot character. I figured out most of the crossing-the-bridge sequence, but did need a hint on that. I couldn't make anything of the next sequence and followed hints almost completely on that. 


Got help with this screen


But that's OK. I'm learning how the game works. Now I'm in another tough spot but I am working my way through it. I think it may take some time, but imagine the thrill when I beat it!

So, I'll see how I do. I think this is going to be quite difficult, but this game won all kinds of awards in 2009 when it came out, so I'm looking forward to some nifty stuff!

And I love robots.

Next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment