What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Avernum Crystal Souls 3: Still Alive in Demo


Managed to stay away from the game for two whole days, stretching out the time before I have to buy the game. However, that time is closing in on me and I'm really going to have to wait for February.

But tonight I did a few more quests. Got the wandering ogres and some kind of blessing from the ghost that gave me the quest. Not sure where it is or what it does. Also found a second wisdom crystal and couldn't use it for awhile. I think it was because I was near to leveling up. Once I did that, the crystals became available. I used one each on my spellcasters. I've not got both of them charged up with as many spells as I can get in the Demo. 

Oh, there aren't going to be any more Demo Demons except the one leading to the Vahnati lands. There are those barriers. That's quite enough to stop me from going anywhere.

I also cleaned out the old Nephil fort, which was filled with a Nephil cult that was making undead. Nice quest for Formello. 

I have one more major quest in the Demo--to clean out the Slith fort. I've found the fort. But I'll put it off for awhile. My next session clearly will be my last before I have to buy the game. Sniff.

Ah, I did look on the Spiderweb forum. There somebody said that humans evolve into much stronger characters than any other race. I thought about restarting with an all-human cast, but nah. I've started with this mix, and I'll stick with it for now. I have no doubt I'll play the game again--perhaps on hard--and I can do all humans then.

Still don't know if there's a level 30 cap in this game. I sure hope not. It's chintzy. You're playing along, earning points, and you don't get what you've earned. Really chinzy.  Maybe Jeff finally got enough complaints that he stopped doing that. I can only hope. (Aha. Somebody on the forum said they used a bunch of wisdom crystals to get their mage up to level 35. Sounds promising.)


No comments:

Post a Comment