What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Lost Crown Silent Night 2: Poking Around



Not much playing time today, but I couldn't resist another try. So I hunted around in the church. Can't do anything yet in the vestry, but I did find an amusing item:


A relic from the past

It's the flyer from TLC1, that the vicar had lost. Sigh. Memories.

Also, I got a couple of shots of Old Nick, and these really help to show how excellent the graphics are in this game


From above

From the side

I mean, these graphics are fantastic, even though it's quite dark in the church. It seems that Old Nick has lost his hands again. Wonder if we'll be able to restore them in this little game?

I also got some shots of a couple of shadows lurking in the church:


In the middle

Again, in the middle

So far Nigel hasn't commented on these things. They were all over the churchyard too. Perhaps just atmosphere?

I also found some new areas, including a list of hymns, which no doubt will prove useful, a chart of the choirs from various years, which clearly also will prove useful:


Glad to have a shot of this!

And of this!

And, I found what must be a clue to something that I'll encounter later, because I couldn't interact with it at all.


230 Volts?

Also, I sent a link of this blog to Jonathan, and he responded and told me that you get the maps with the M key, and perhaps by clicking the scroll bar of the mouse. I recall that these controls are listed in the options section of the menu. I just forgot. 

Still can't open the sort of "backpack" that's in my inventory. It wants another inventory item. Hmm.

But that's all I had time for today. A teensy bit of progress, but I think I'm going to have to venture outside again next time, which no doubt will require turning off the Steam overlay. I might leave it on just a bit to grab some screenshots though.

This may be just a little side game, as it were, but I'm super busy right now so it could take me a week or more to finish, easily.

If I can, of course!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment