What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, June 10, 2019

Machinarium 11: We have Escaped!



Finished! Well I did a lot of it myself, especially the bug destroying game.

But . . . OK, I looked up the snake puzzles.  I was just not in the mood for that. However, after you beat those the game actually does give you some clues about what to do next. And that got me to the bug game.

You enter a maze in which you really can't see much. First we get a key, then find a lock, and in the thing you unlock you find a gun! We use that to traverse the entire area shooting the red bugs. They also shoot at you but there are abundant blue crosses that restore your health.

I figured that had to be the solution because really there was no way out. But once you get them all you have only one more serious puzzle (in the elevator again) and then it's all environmental stuff. 

The top of the city!

I admit that it took awhile to find out how to get the last puzzle to work. Hint: the hint isn't in this room. Well, actually the hint to the hint to the hint isn't in this room. 

But you can find it. But then we have a musical puzzle, and I don't see any option for deaf players. My sister could have done that thing on the first try. She's musical; I'm not. 

The last little puzzle is probably the easiest of the game, and we're off in to the sky!

Escape!

If you look, you can see all the achievements you've earned. Don't have to go to Steam for this! Anyway, I got this game on GOG.

Of course you earned them! Can't finish without all of 'em!


This game is not easy. It's very sweet, however, and superbly imaginative. I adore the artwork all the way through. 

Now I have a few other games in mind that I want to tackle! Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment