What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, June 17, 2019

Uninvited 2: Searching, Searching . . .


I've actually been playing a little bit for a couple of days, but am only now getting around to blogging about it.

Searching, searching, searching the house for stuff. I actually remember literally every screen I've seen so far, but then, I played this so many times 30 years ago that that familiarity isn't surprising.

I did look at the color version for one shot. This is what happens if you stay in the car too long:


Oopsies!

As we know, it's fairly easy to die in this game, so save early, save often.

Found another nice ghost! But how to get rid of him. Try everything. If you don't have the required item in your inventory yet, you can leave. He will still be there when you get back. Once you vanquish him you will get what looks like a rather useful item.




EEK!


Other than that, I've just been exploring the house. Have found some nicely done rooms--well, nicely done for a 30-year old game, at least. Really, these were impressive graphics at the time.

Master bedroom. Items are here!
The master bath with original decor

And I had forgotten about this way to die:

Nice description here.

I think I'm getting pretty close to going outside. I have one more clue to go back and note down (involving atomic numbers of elements). But which path to take?

Is it a yellow brick path?

I might have some more time to play tomorrow, although I'm getting to the end of Dickens' Dombey and Son, so I might be reading instead. I'm doing a Dickens immersion, getting through all the books I haven't read (well, other than the short stories, which I'll get to when I need a Dickens fix). That might take precedence!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment