What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, September 13, 2019

Queen's Wish 3: Heading Out to Reclaim the People

'

OK! I have mostly finished with the opening area, although there are a couple of more difficult places that I will conquer later. I tried to move east to reclaim the lands that use magic, but the magic was way too strong for me, as yet.

So I headed west into the swampy areas. I have actually found one of our forts, the aptly named Fort Muck, and have built my first two shops there. Wandered around and slew some ghosts, but mostly I'm looking for a mine that's infested with . . . well . . . something. Nobody will say what. So that's for tomorrow.

And in my new shops I see that there will be abundant magical items for me to get. We can't just find them in this game though. We have to buy them. Haven't decided if I like that or not but I will say one thing: it's keeping my inventory uncluttered. I'm famous for not using my consumables. I'm getting through the fights pretty well without the goodies, I'm finding. So far.

However, I have stumbled upon the odd rotting corpse every so often, and have gained coins from those encounters. Just wouldn't be a Spiderweb game without rotting corpses lying around.

Here's another new gameplay rule for this game: in previous Spiderweb games, once you killed a monster in a dungeon it stayed dead. You could clear out a dungeon with several efforts. Not so here. You have to win the whole quest on the first try. Plus, we don't get skill points for just killing enemies. We only get points for completing these quests. It does add some complexity to the game. You'd better be sure that you're ready before tackling something really difficult.

I ran into what might be a glitch, but maybe isn't. I had apparently only partially completed a quest when I teleported back to Haven, our home base, to rest and recuperate. I leveled up and did the skill trees for my characters. I know I saved the game, then I quit. But when I returned, that saved game was gone, reverted to an earlier save. I think it may be because I didn't finish the quest, I shouldn't have had those skill points. Maybe it's a bug, but it does make some sense.

I continue to enjoy the very simple artwork.

Inside, talking to folks.

And here's a nice little village.

Who will we meet?

I actually played for a great deal of the day. Still enjoying it a lot. Oh, I found out why I can't cancel an action. You indeed are supposed to use the escape key, but my ancient keyboard is getting rather spotty and the escape key isn't working. I ordered a new cheapo keyboard from Amazon that is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Ought to help!

So! Till then!


No comments:

Post a Comment