What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Geospots 3: Going to the Correct Barn


So it turns out that you need to be in the correct barn. You want the barn. I was in the stable. There is no other door out of the stable. You need to be in the barn, which is not the same location.

In the barn, you can find what you need. In the stable, you find the clue to what you need in the barn. There. Solved.

Yes, I was pretty close to the endgame. I followed clues and found my missing person. Then it was a matter of going to the correct locations, which isn't all that difficult to figure out.



The correct location


But I had forgotten that there's just one more puzzle box. I confess that I did need not one but two (blush) hints on how to solve it.

Once that's done, there isn't all that much really to do, except enjoy the final screens which always seem to send us to some lovely night scenes:


The river



A statue that figures in the game


An interesting thing: now Carol needs money. I read through my blog about the earlier games and found that Carol had received a lot of money after her first case that made her financially independent. Now, however, she appears to be living off her detective work.

And that's great! Carol is now more like one of us. Plus, she has fifteen years of experience now!

Well that was really fun. I mostly stayed away from the hint system, but was glad I used it those few times. 

Really, I think this is the best Carol Reed game so far! It had a good story and great locations, and did not spend any time at all in abandoned buildings (well, except for the barn).

So! Adventure on! 


3 comments:

  1. Hey there. I've been on a game hiatus for a while. I set aside the third Avernum when I kept getting attacked irrationally for having a slyth in my group. Annoying.

    So I thought I'd check in and see what you were doing. The graphics here look very good--is this a first person game? I have never played a Carol Reed game--should I start from the beginning? (That's a lot of games!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tia! I did reply to your comment (below) but I don't think I hit the "reply" button!

      Delete
  2. Hi Tia! I've been on vacation, actually, so I only just found your comment. Yes, Carol Reed games are all first-person and all are standalone, although obviously you get to know the characters after playing a few. You can start from the beginning although the games get better later on—Mikael had a learning curve. He does them all the same, pretty simple with lovely photos of his town and surroundings in Sweden. Lots of puzzles. These games are not all that easy either, although there is a hint system that I struggle not to use. Try one and enjoy! And do go back to Avernum—although the first one, Escape from the Pit, is the best!

    ReplyDelete