What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Avadon, The Corruption 2: Scouting out the Fort



Just played a little bit tonight, just to get back in the swing of the game. I finished my major Kirkus review rush, got everything in, and I'm settling down to enjoy the evening. If I stayed away from the game much longer I'll forget how to play (a problem that absolutely is going to mess me up when I finally get back to Baldur's Gate). 

Found a couple of minor quests I'd probably missed earlier. When you find these quests late they're usually a piece 'o cake, and these pretty much were. Had a minor battle with one, and probably already had found the clue I was looking for on the second one. They had rewards that would have been quite nice earlier in the game, but now I'm just putting them in the junk bag to sell. So. Those are done.

My major quest, which I've just started, is to scout out the rebel fort. I'm about to sneak in through the back, but I'll have to get past some Titans, who, I am warned, will want to eat me. Joy. I'll have to fight 
Titans. No doubt it'll just be one at a time, and I'm probably just strong enough to do it by now. However, I saved at the point of entry into the new area.

But I'm pretty sure I haven't lost much, despite my time away. Earlier I was opening this game several times a day. Having lots of fun with it. 

One fun thing, when I chose the tinkermage as my main character, the game gave him a name: Harmon. Hah! Harmon was the name of the little eaglet I watched a couple of years ago on the Minnesota Bounds Eagle Cam. He even had a song written for him, which often becomes a major earworm for me. So I love it that my character has that name!

No comments:

Post a Comment