What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Fran Bow 4: Further into Wonderland


Well this game just gets weirder and weirder. The Alice in Wonderland theme continues. I managed to get defeat the evil twins and--ta da!--I have rescued Mr. Midnight! Yes, Fran and her beloved kitty are reunited! Hooray!

Of course, they had adventures and I was able to find the correct spell to get me out of the clutches of the evil twins. Every now and then this game throws in a different kind of little game. We had Pac-Man earlier. Then a game of "Froggy," which I couldn't do, never having had any experience with it. But the game lets you skip those if necessary. Good.

To get the key to free Mr. Midnight I had to solve a slider game that hooked up gears. I just referred to CJU's video for that, but still had to manipulate it until I got it. But it was a good puzzle.

However, in making our escape, Mr. Midnight and Fran find themselves in a completely different world. In a cut scene we get an image of Fran's doctor giving her new pills. I rather suspect that this extremely pleasant cartoon world is the result of those pills.

But now we're in this most pleasant land, trying to find a way back home. The imagination continues to spiral out of control in this game, but it certainly entertains! This happy place is serving as quite a relief from the serious darkness of the rest of the game. Plus, I have a book in my inventory now that actually gives a few answers about what might be going on.

I'm now at the stage where I need to solve some riddles. I think I have the answer to at least two of them. 

I've done enough for today, though. So, until next time!








No comments:

Post a Comment