What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Gabriel Knight 2-4: Asking Questions, and Questions, and Questions


Back to Gabriel! I'm definitely finding Gabriel's chapters more difficult than Grace's, so far (although I've only done one chapter with Grace). First, I gotta say, golly the acting in this is good! Really makes the game more enjoyable.

But this chapter really has some tough, not so much puzzles, but just figuring out what to do next. The only solution is to be sure you visit everywhere and click on everything it's possible to click on. Even then, I'm betting there will be some confusion. I confess I went to the WT especially at the end. Trying to find out how to end a chapter can be extremely challenging.

But mostly Gabriel just goes around and talks to people, and asks questions and questions and questions. It's really setting up the storyline. I most enjoyed the conversations with Baron von Glower, of course, but also with Kommissar Leber at the police station. One of my favorite musical themes from GK1 plays there, and it's nicely nostalgic. 


Baron Von Glower at home

Kommissar Leber becomes helpful

Also, we get to explore the hunting club. Here, my decades-ago experience playing this game came in handy. I actually remembered what to do with an odd item I had acquired. The payoff is quite nice--we get to see an off-limits room at the club:

What's this in the club basement?

And, we can explore more of Munich. There's nothing in the Marienplatz for us to do, but it's nice to be able to do some sightseeing.

Statue of Mary in the Marienplatz

The Glockenspiel!

So after much chatter, we have learned a lot. I really don't remember, but the astute player is probably figuring out who the culprit is, and who it isn't. However, there is much more to the story!

I think Grace gets to go to Schloß Neuschwanstein in the next chapter! Looking forward to that!





No comments:

Post a Comment