What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Longest Journey 8: My Triumphant Return!


At last I have managed to grab a break from Reality. I think I have a bit of a handle on things now, so I ought to be able to play games again. 

Having been gone so long I did have to go to the WT just to get going again. I read my little blog here and quite a bit of April's diary to get caught up. And I'm back making some real progress in the game! In fact, I have reached Chapter 4: Monsters!

But first I had to finish the stuff in the police station. Didn't have any problems with the archives once the WT told me how to get into them, and I got the stuff I needed. Fortunately, I noticed that the WT told me to pick up a screwdriver from the police station floor as I exited the place. Good thing I noticed it in the WT, because I had already left when I saw that. I reverted to my game that I had saved after I finished the archives and that was extremely fortunate. Just to see if I could, I tried to re-enter the police station and ran into the same glitch as before: Crash! And you need that screwdriver to advance in the game. If I hadn't saved the game there and had just continued, I would have had to go back and do the entire episode over again. Whew!



Tricky puzzles in the locker room


The Archives aren't all that tough

Do NOT miss that screwdriver!

From there I didn't have any real difficulty. I was able to go and meet Burns Flipper in the shipyard garage--and that is another scene I remember from my first playthrough years ago. The guy is massively sexist. I doubt that dialogue would be put into a game these days. 


I remember this!


But I also was able to figure out all on my own how to get the item that Burns Flipper wants. Got it, delivered it, and went to a location that it turned out I needed to go to. Then back to my room, where the chapter ends.

So it was a really nice playing session! I'll have more time tomorrow too! 

So nice to be back!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment