What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Queen's Wish 6: More Travels



It seems that we can only do so much in one area, then we have to go to another. I have cleaned out the cinnabar area without getting a quest for it (or at least, it isn't in my quest list—it'll turn up later and I'll get the reward automatically). I have disrupted the evil experiments of a crazed wizard, only to find him starting up again. 

I have fought off various monsters while getting trapped in tree mazes, and I have conquered the Gardens of Pulchritude.

The Gardens of Pulchritude were interesting. We get charmed and take certain actions (mostly fighting other charmed monsters) until at last we face the evil tree.


Fighting Wolves. Some are large.


Boss Fight. The Evil Tree

The tree is a boss, but if you just keep wailing at it eventually it goes down. Ignore the little helpers it spawns and just keep whacking at the thing.

I'm hampered in my fort building efforts by a lack of stone. Really going to have to find some stone.

My new character is working out quite well. I like him better than the last one, although of course we can retrain anybody to make them exactly like the character we had before. I'm tending to concentrate on two fighters, a healer and a sorcerer, because I'm stuck in the past. My healer, however, started out as a fighter, so he's still pretty good at that.

Also I have acquired some better weapons. No doubt I'll find even better as the game progresses, but these are having a quite satisfying effect.

Along the way I looted a drake's den to find some kind of special item. Thereon hangs a Doctor Who joke:




Click to embiggen


I have apparently hit the wall in this area. As in the Ukat area, I got a warning that I might want to come back when I'm stronger and have better equipment. I did try to go forward but yeah, I can't get through the next fight.

So I have departed and am going to the Vol, the desert area (the Ukat is swampy and the Ahriel is nicely forested). Currently I'm in the middle of what might turn out to be one of Jeff's puzzle areas. For the first time I had to find a key to get into a room in a fort that I'm trying to get through. I found it and got in, and I've paused there. 

Today I have massive housework, and my sister is coming down, so I may not get any more playing time until tomorrow. So, till then!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment