What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, September 27, 2019

Queen's Wish 7: Into the Dungeons


Moving much farther into the "Vol," the last major area of the game. I haven't yet run into that warning that I'm not strong enough yet, so no doubt I still have several things to do there.

I did manage to slay a rather large lizard, after getting slaughtered. But I went back and took care of its minions before the lizard came into view, and that solved the problem. One thing in the fight I lost however, I summoned a construct, placed it near the minions, and until they killed it, the thing kept the minions nicely occupied. Wasn't enough for that fight, but I learned something. Nice.

I made a mistake. I had a choice to fight an old drake and take its hoard or let it go. I'm me, so I let it go. Now I'll never know what I could have had in the hoard, and actually was pretty strong when I made that decision, so I'm pretty sure I could have won the fight.

Still, I'm me. It was an old drake. Let it go.

I have added another character, this one from the Vol. They're all supposed to have different charateristics, but so far I haven't been able to tell. 

I finally found some stone (turns out the Vol is the place to get stone) so I have added more shops in my forts, especially Fort Haven, the home base. It seems that as you add shops, you get better gear to buy. So, that works out pretty much the way any other RPG would work: as you get further into the game you get better gear. Still haven't found any consumables such as wands of fire or such, but maybe that's good. I'm notorious for hoarding them.

Am still enjoying the art work:



The entry fight into the Vol


Outside the same fort

I also cleared out another mine for which I so far don't seem to have a quest, or at least it isn't showing up in my journal. Will track that down at some point.

I left off while facing the Scorpion Pit. It contains fairly large scorpions.


The scorpion pit

Left off there! Will probably get back to the game later today.

Enjoy!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment