What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Queen's Wish 9: Fight!



Wow! Well I fired up the game today because I was waiting for someone (late) to show up here, and got into quite a fight with some drakes. 

I just stumbled upon this dungeon, which turned out actually to be a dungeon, well, a jail anyway, and innocently went into the basement. Found a buncha lizards, including basilisks. Basilisks no longer kill you as they do in the early Avernum games, but they stun you and take you out of commission pretty easily.

I managed to defeat them all. By that time, however, I was pretty much out of energy and needed some health restoration.

So at that point, I ran into some serious drakes, who turned out to be the bosses of the area. I was sure I couldn't beat 'em, and in fact they took out my main character pretty quickly.

But, I thought, I will try again, because if you don't defeat the bosses everything regenerates when you come back to the dungeon in this game. Still didn't think I could win, but this time I was more careful, used bows and arrows from a distance (actually those do fairly decent damage) and realized that I had quite a few consumables that could really help. Those included some group heal and group protection scrolls. I also have two healing potions per character now, and was able to transfer one to a really damaged character.

It took some time, but I managed to keep everybody alive and won! Got some tremendously good loot, too. This time I didn't want to leave it behind.

But when I went upstairs I found even more beasties! More lizards, more hellhounds, but also more nice loot in those chests.

Plus, I leveled up again. 

So that was fun! 

I also cleared out a rather nice looking castle. There are a couple of locked doors in it that I couldn't open even after defeating the fairly powerful bosses. I checked the Spiderweb forum and learned that I'll find the location of the key somewhere else in the game. So I'll wait for that.


Nice place! I'm impressed!

So that was a pretty good day's adventuring! I still would like to be able to do treasure hunting, but if the fights are going to get this interesting then I'll be happier. At least there was some good loot in the chests this time.

I'm still wandering around in the Vol, and haven't yet encountered any message that I'd better come back when I'm stronger. I may be strong enough now to try those places in the other two areas. But I'm going to go as far in this area as I can before I go back to try those places. 

Should have more time to play tomorrow! Good! I need to get this game done by Oct 24, because Jonathan Boakes in releasing his next game then.


No comments:

Post a Comment