What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, February 3, 2020

Dark Fall: Ghost Vigil 10: Endgame, the Beginning



Aha! I really am at the endgame, and it's going to be fairly intense, I can tell. One good thing: I won't be tempted to watch CJU's video because I'm ahead of him now. Ha.

First, I solved my Bunsen burner problem. I just needed one more item. Got that and did what I needed to do with the Bunsen burner.



Can you get in here? I can!


And that got me past the entrance to the Dark Fall chambers.

Fortunately, there is a map. If there wasn't, I dread trying to navigate this place. I have grabbed quite a number of items from a couple of chambers and then got outta there for now. Going to assess what I have.

Not showing you a picture of the map. Find your own map.

One serious problem: the mouse cursor is again jumping all over the screen in certain areas. I'm going to try unplugging the mouse and just using the trackpad. Maybe that will work. I have a Logitech mouse. Perhaps that's the problem.

I haven't found any clues to the trials, as I did in the original Dark Fall game. Yet. 

But I have found what looks like a throwback to Barrow Hill! Yes! Don't know what these things do yet but I imagine it won't be nice. Still, I'll try, because it appears that you can manipulate them somehow.


Barrow Hill?

Later
:   Well I have searched all over the underground areas, except in what I'm sure is the Dark Fall chamber, where the mouse simply appears to be uncontrollable. Switching to the trackpad did not help at all, and the Steam version is every bit as bad as the Shadow Tor version. However, I can take normal screenshots in the Steam Version, so I'll use that one from now on because I know it'll have the latest updates.




Pretty sure this is the Dark Fall chamber. Can't get in.


However, I have managed to create a stepping-stone bridge and have made it to a chamber with five pedestals. I have found three of the patterned stones that go on the pedestals. I went back outside and searched all over the grounds for the last two, and in the greenhouse going back in time, and in the nursery, and in the areas of the house where black mist seeps in.

Nothing. So, the last two stones have to be down there somewhere. I'll just have to do a more systematic search.

Also, yeah, the Barrow Hill standing stones do indeed do something when you touch them--but what order should you touch them in?? And plus, it was nice to see that the game uses one of the sounds from the trials in the original DF game. Nice touch, and so it should! It's apparently the same phenomenon.

However, there are several things I do not yet have. I only have four of the seven numbers that tell me in what order the lyrics are to be recited. (I'm assuming that the game will provide the lyrics to me automatically when I need them.) 

I also can't yet get into that door at the top of the girls' dorm.



Nice book, but the door doesn't open.

So why is that door there? 

I need to try two things next. First, I'm going to plug in my controller and see if that helps my cursor sensitivity problem. Even though I'm terrible with controllers, if the sensitivity goes away it'll be worth it. Second, however I manage to navigate, I'm going to have to do a more systematic search for those last two stones.

So. More to do. Stay tuned.

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment