What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Geospots 2: Caches and Barns




OK, so there just isn't any way out of this barn. 

Actually I've been having enormous fun with the game all day, but I appear to have reached a true dead end in the second barn that I have found in the game.

Yes, I checked the hint system. It says to go out the last door you encounter. Fair enough, except that there is no door. I have checked every screen multiple times, using the space bar and everything.

Of course there is a door and I haven't found it yet, but I've had enough trying for the day. Instead, I'll focus on all the fun I had before my stuckness.

We get to travel through some really nice scenery. I especially enjoyed this gorge!


Don't get lost!


And we find informative signs! 


At last, Bigge is back! And it really is his same voice as in the earlier games. I was incorrect about the voice of the other guy yesterday. Bigge always gives us some kind of mission to do before he'll help us at all, such as letting us into the area, as in this game.

Actually his mission was a bit problematic. Most of it was pretty easy, but the final bit involved chasing down an item that I did have to look up in the hint system. It's a huge area, divided into two parts (the item is not in the part where you need it, naturally). Once I got it though, I was able to solve the puzzle on my own easily enough.



Bigge is back!


Much of the game involves finding these metal tubes. They are the geocache items that often have puzzles on them, as this one does.



Is there a message in it?



Some have messages that send us to the next location, but many are basically red herrings. The missing person is running the geocache game, and a lot of these merely are part of his game, not ours.

As always, we go into people's houses and apartments. This one was especially nice. And there are plenty of detail items that give a real sense of place. I'm doing quite well with finding things and solving puzzles! Got through plenty of puzzles today without looking anything up! That's what makes the game fun, when it isn't easy, but still can be solved.



Yes, go up the stairs!



Nice plate, but just a detail.



Nice kitchen!


I think I have finally figured out why none of the clocks in these games have any hands. The game doesn't know what time we're in the location, or what time it is when we might come back. So the hands are gone. Frankly, I think it would have been a better solution just to take the clocks down. But it does add an element of mystery.

We always have nice scenery, and I'm pretty sure this park with huge chairs was in another game, or at least something similar to it.


Chairs for giants!

I enjoy the museums, and we almost always go to one. This one was medieval, but after that we went to a beer can museum. No, seriously.  There are photographs.



The medieval museum



Beer cans? Seriously?



And of course we are often looking across rivers to views of, I assume, Norrköpping.



Pretty town!


So I left off, outside the barn (not pictured). I will try to find the door tomorrow. I will make a systematic search of each and every screen in the place! 

Actually I think I'm getting pretty close to the endgame, if the locations that are disappearing from my map are any indication. Also, it feels about as long as these games usually are. Plus, we've met at least one villain, maybe more! 

So we'll see if I have to fight a baddie tomorrow!

Assuming I can find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment