What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Nethergate Resurrection 3: Ahead of Myself


OK, it seems that I tried the Formorian quest too soon. I can finish it as it was intended to be finished--I killed the queen and can escape to the lower caves--but I'm not strong enough yet to do what I wanted to do with it, i.e., kill everybody and loot the place.

And plus, there is a hidden spear that does extra damage to Formorians that you're supposed to find, but you have to win a fight to get it. I can't even get started in the fight because my spellcasters get slaughtered before I can even move.

That isn't right. I gotta be stronger.

Well, I had started a game about a year ago and got to the same levels I'm in now. It's really a good match. I had already added a Roman fighter to my party instead of a Brigantine spellcaster, but that might be the better choice. This way I'll have a fighter bringing up the back that will protect my spellcasters.

OK! So I'll go with that. I only had a couple of different quests in that game, and I had not yet been to the Formorians. Good. I will wander about and do everything else before I tackle that again.

AND I've really actually caught up! I was at almost exactly the same spot, so I just wandered around outside for a bit doing stuff. The only thing I was worried about was: did I free the faerie man when I was trapped in the witches' lair? Turns out I did, so all was well!

After wandering around to the point where I kinda knew where I was I went to Hollow Hills, where I met the faerie man I had saved and got a really good quest--to get a gryphon feather. 


Entering the Gryphon lair

This is a fairly easy level. You do have to fight Formorians, but that's good. I've realized that I shouldn't try the major Formorian quest (Goagh-Nar, a whole chapter title!) until I can at least beat the Formorians on the bridge in the starting area, and probably also wipe out the outside Formorian village. When I'm strong enough to do those things I'll be ready. Meanwhile, there's lots and lots to do!

I'm pleased with my choice of the Roman fighter to be my fifth character. He's a good fighter, about the same level as Bruce and Gordon. While I'd love to have the extra spellcasting power, it's also true that I would need to collect a whole lot more energy draughts and elixers. So, the muscle power is a better fit, and he can protect my spellcasters from rear attacks.

I left off exactly where I had stopped about a year ago! So this is good. I really haven't missed anything (well, except a first visit to the GIFTS, but that visit is incredibly annoying so I'm glad I got it over with a year ago. I have their quest).

Tomorrow I can continue almost as though it were a seamless gameplay!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment