What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Saturday, January 5, 2019

The Fall of April 2: Beginning Detective Work


Carol really gets into the case! I'm finding lots of locations, which really keep the game moving along. Often we go to a location only to find the link to the next location. On the way there's always lots of nice scenery and interesting stuff to see.

I found yet another clock with no hands. I have developed a theory about why Mikael removes the hands. The adventurer (me) will be going to these places at different times, and it would seem unrealistic to see the same time everywhere. I suppose it would be easier just to remove the clocks from the screen, though, so I rather doubt that my theory is correct.


In the upper right-hand corner

Carol's wanderings take her to the Aviation Gallery, where she will find more clues about the North Pole balloon expedition of 1915, including photos of the fallen balloon (I was right!) and a nice diagram of it:


These games alway have B&W photos of real places (perhaps renamed)



Looks like the real photo


'
And perhaps the real diagram?


Quite a bit into the game we finally meet Stina, Carol's best friend who works in a different place in every game. This also is the British voice actress (Sara Louise Williams) who plays Carol.


Always helpful! Working in the library this time.

I'm not finding a whole lot of items, but I am picking up enough to keep me going. I'm happy to say that I've only had to use the hints twice, and only just the first hint. Would rather not use any, but sometimes stuff is hard to find. 

We have another highly cluttered place to see, devoted to diving:


I love the mannequin

And as I anticipated, I've been back to the client's house more than once, with at least one more trip to come because I still don't have an item that opens a door there. But I did get to solve that nifty puzzle!


I knew I couldn't bulldog this. Too many choices! But good!

Solving that puzzle got me into a new area, and I decided to stop there for the day. 

Having lots of fun!

More tomorrow!

Next Entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment