What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Nethergate Resurrection 10: Storming the Castle


Woo Hoo! Lots done!

First, I did the Burial Glen side quest, which indeed was way too easy. I'm much stronger now than that area requires. Somehow I missed getting a good sword out of it, but it's so clearly intended to be done earlier in the game that I'm pretty sure the sword wouldn't be all that useful to me now.


The Burial Glen. Lots of buildings here.


The final encounter area. Pretty easy this time.

I also hunted all over for a sixth lost soul to complete a quest I'd started long ago. Turned out I had found all the souls, and had only to go turn in the quest! It had an excellent reward too!


The Soul wants his friends.

So! Off I went to Castle Aethdoc. And there I found something that I had not known earlier. It's true that in the Fomorian quest, you can't get back into the area once you've left. I thought that was the only one like that. But no! You can't get back into the hostile area of Castle Aethdoc either. I tried to go back to slaughter everybody and loot the place clean, but once you've left, the gates close and that's it.


It's a whole chapter!

The castle is invisible


Fortunately, I didn't have a difficult time killing the bad guy, and I got the Break Barrier spell. Also, I've got plenty of money now, so I really don't need the cash I could have had. Moral: next time, do what I did with the Fomorians and pile up the loot at the entrance, because you can get back to the friendly side. There were masses of iron chainmail in the place, worth 250 coins each!



Getting the quest

Ya gotta break the barriers!


Buy the Break Barrier spell here!



But it was fun! 

For the next quest, I have to break into the Roman fort, just as I remembered. I have only this quest, then the trip into the Land of the Dead, and then the endgame. So I'm definitely more than halfway done!

Till next time!

Next Entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment