What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Nethergate Resurrection 8: All Fall Down



Had some time to play so I decided that before I tackle the next major mission: Castle Aethdoc, I'm going to clear up some other stuff. I have plenty, plenty, plenty to do all over the game area.

Earlier I got a mission to fetch some magic stones from the bottom of a mine. The mission requires a special wand to protect your party from falls, and I already have the wand. It was the reward for completing the mission to Raven in the Gryphon cave.

Just by chance I found out how to get into the Roman area, so I thought, hey, I'll go do that. The mission takes place in the goblin mines that is the basic training area for the Roman party. I'm pretty strong now, so I knew it would be a piece of cake.



The Roman Mines

Fighting my way through the mines indeed was pretty darned easy. I had no difficulty with the dragon in the basement, although I confess that I cast Hero of Old on my main fighter. Probably didn't need it. Finding my way down to the drop-off point also was easy, and although the hostile spirits you encounter there are hostile indeed, again, I'm strong enough now to defeat 'em pretty quickly. I did make one mistake and step into the available portal, which transports you back up, before I got the stones, but fortunately the magic falling wand has plenty of charges, so I just used it again.

Now my task is to go back and clean out all the loot from the mine, which is going to take several trips, even though I can use Word of Recall to get me back to Nethergate Village in an instant. Once I've sold all the stuff, I'll go back to the Fairie Bazaar to get my reward for the magical stones. 

Then I think I'll tackle a couple of the new areas for Nethrgate Resurrection. When Jeff re-makes a game he always puts in new dungeons, and I know of a couple that I ought to be ready for now. 

So that's next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment