What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, March 18, 2019

Nethergate Resurrection 9: Aladdin's Lamp


Got lots of really nice playing time yesterday, so I did the newly added side quest of Haroun and his stolen lamp. Whenever Jeff Vogel remakes one of his games he always adds new dungeons and quests. This one turned out to be not as tough as I remembered it from a playthrough years ago, but perhaps I waited until I was stronger to start it this time. 

This cave is a bit southeast of the Hollow Hills, and it leads to a second dungeon near the Gryphon lair. A soldier who has joined the Roman army originally comes from a desert land to the east of Rome and has acquired a magic lamp with a powerful entity living inside it. A Roman named Titus stole the lamp and now has gone all megalomaniac, intending to conquer the world with it. 




Meeting Haroun

We have to explore the original cave and smash tablets that we find. Sometimes smashing them leads to some nifty fights, and finally leading to a three-tiered fight with Titus, who flees once we beat all his summoned monsters, but of course he forgets his key.

From there we trek all the way west, and now that we have the key, we can get into the staging area of the Lamp cave. Celts need the sever seal spell to get into one side (I had the spell, but had to check the Forum to find out that I needed it. For once, Jeff didn't leave a clue about that.) The Roman party gets the other side.



Where to go?



Inside the north area we fight lots of giants, until we beat all of them and get another key that gets us into the highest area of the dungeon, where we find Titus again. Actually I didn't think that fight was all that rough. We get a choice about what to do with the genie.

So! That was fun! Next I think I'll go and tackle the village of the undead that's in the original area. I know you have to be pretty strong to get through there, but I might just be strong enough now.

After that, I'll do Castle Aethdoc. Then I think the next major mission is the in Annwn, the Land of the Dead, and then the endgame. And, I remember a major quest where the Celts sneak into the Roman fort! So I'm guessing that I'm perhaps a little more than halfway through with the game.

Still having major fun!  




No comments:

Post a Comment