What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, April 21, 2019

What Remains of Edith Finch 2: The Monsters aren't under the Bed


Finally got back to another session with this very strange but really interesting game! Yep, it picks up right where it left off, so you really can only use the fixed save spots.

I really thought I wasn't going to be able to finish the game in what is perhaps one of the simplest areas. Your kid brother is swinging in a swing--and that's all you have to do. Just swing. But you have to use the W and S keys to get higher and higher. If you don't get high enough, you just keep swinging, and swinging, and swinging.


That's all there is to it. Just keep going.

So I quit the game to look up what I needed to do. Yeah, you just keep swinging until an event happens. But you have to get higher and higher. When I came back to the game indeed it was at the previous save slot. Didn't lose much though.

After that I just kept walking onto the obvious path, which you do have to discover, but that isn't difficult. We find Barbara's room, the former child star. Again, we have a rather different approach. The game "reads" a comic book to us, but we do have to interact with it at certain points.


Barbara's story.

This is where the monsters come in. As a child in horror movies, Barbara had a particular talent. Play the game to see what it is, and what happens to her.


Barbara

Didn't really do much today, but at least I continued. This game really is unusual and highly interesting. Can't wait to find out what happens next!

Till then!

Next Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment