What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Black Circle (3): Endgame

(First published October 18, 2010)

Oh dear, I am speedy. Yup, I was at the endgame, or just a few steps from it, anyway.

I am mad at myself for looking at a hint before trying all of my items at one point. I just assumed I didn't have the item, but you never know that in these games. Mostly, though, I got through it without actual hints--I think I only looked at two or three. I did look at locations several more times, though. It does get tedious when you don't know where you need to go, although often just finding an inventory item will help clue you in to that. Aha! There's what I need to get into that thing! And off you go.

There is some suspense at the end, but it isn't like you could get killed, or anything. (Is it? Heh.)

Lovely graphics, as always. Except for the wallpaper. Carol said she chose that stuff. Ouch.

There was one weird thing. At one location in the woods there indeed is a circle of black stones. One would think that would have something to do with the title of the game. But we never do anything with it at all. We can't even look at it closely. I presume "black circle" referred to the cult that was operating in the game. Anyway, that was strange.

So, I have no excuse now but to finish the Kirkus books. Well, get 'em done, and then maybe I can find something else to play while waiting for Braken Tor!

The next question is, when is Mikael Nyqvist getting his next game out? Sure hope this isn't the end of the series. This one seemed shorter to me, but it probably wasn't. Had I played all day as I did with the other one, I'm sure it would be about the same length.

And again, it has a much better ending than the earlier games. Didn't just stop. The music added a nice touch of suspense too. Ya never knew when the bad guy was gonna turn up behind you when you were in certain locations.

So, fun as usual, and pretty. Not too challenging, just most enjoyable--for women of a certain age.

No comments:

Post a Comment