What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Getting Ready to Rumble . . .



After much delay, I finally have completed moving most of the original blog to this one. Just below this post is the saga of the death of the old computer. 


Although I had started blogging Ghost in the Sheet, that game was so rudely interrupted by my hardware problems that I decided to start over later. Eventually I'll get back to Ghost and I'll move it's existing blogs when I do, but soon I'll be starting some major games that have been in development for, literally, years.


First up will be the esteemed Jane Jensen, creator of the legendary Gabriel Knight series, games that defined adventuring. I have acquired a copy of her brand new Gray Matter. That'll start as soon as I get two lengthy Kirkus books done.


After that we should get to my two most eagerly anticipated games: The Last Crown, scheduled to come out at Eastertime, according to Jonathan Boakes' blog. And then, surely Bracken Tor will be upon us!


I'm also replaying the Carol Reed games, and have acquired Blue Madonna, the latest. That will wait for a short gap in the bigger adventures though. I love the Carol Reed games, but they really do cater to a slim audience (of which I am a good representative), and they don't take too long to play.


After all that, I'll do Avadon, which is an RPG. Don't know how well that will blog, but I'll try it. Avadon is already out, but Jeff Vogel made the text too small for my aging eyes. On the Spiderweb forum Jeff says that he's going to fix that for the Mac version after he gets the Windows version done, so I'll wait for that one.


And, more news: I have acquired an old IBM thinkpad loaded with Windows 98SE, for which I have numerous older adventures. The idea is to play them under their native system. So, I may be blogging some older stuff, too. Hey, I never even finished all the Myst games. Somehow, life kinda intervened.


But you no can rush it.

No comments:

Post a Comment