What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Avadon 3: Spiders and Bats, etc.


Lots of spiders. And bats. And basilisks. In caves.


Slaughtered.


I'm good.


Actually, at one point I had to look on the Spiderweb Forum because I was experiencing a serious stuckness, and a good thing I did, too. Would have been there all night. Turned out I had to re-visit a character I'd already talked to, and that opened up another area.


I am hunting the Shadow Beast. I've figured out that this is a poor enchanted soul who does not really have murder in his heart, but is frustrated, and so does commit the occasional massacre. Probably because he's misunderstood (literally, apparently).


I have met the beast once, and tried to communicate with it. The local shaman doesn't think it deserves to be killed. I'm betting the local evil wizard is responsible, but we may not find that out for awhile yet, as I think the inevitable mission to the wizard's tower is almost certainly somewhere down the road.


Speaking of the road, I am on it in Avadon, which is the point of the game anyway. I did go back to the Kva lands and settled a few things I'd missed. Also was able, rather easily, to find the prisoner in the dungeon and the room under the dining hall. So those are done.


Am beginning to collect some decent magical items, but no named weapons yet (such as the hallowed "Demonslayer" of the Avernum games). Well, I'm only at level 8 out of 30, so I'm still just a toddler in this game.


One thing that is easier about this game but I actually don't like much (and was the same in Avernum VI): you don't have to find arrows, or razordisks, or javelins. Once you've equipped your missile weapon, it has unlimited ammunition. OK, yes, it's easier. But I kinda liked the more real-world idea of hunting for ammo all the time. I rarely ran out even when I had to do it. But in this game, it's all simplified. 


That's probably good for sales, and I greatly hope this becomes a major hit and introduces many more folks to Spiderweb! The game is selling as an iPad App, and is on Steam, too, so Jeff should get many new fans.


Tomorrow: the main hunt for the Shadow Beast (and whatever else crawls out of the goo).


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment