What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blue Madonna 2: History Lessons








Yes, a typical Carol Reed mystery! I'm traveling all around Norrköping and environs. Gosh, Mikael likes that Industrial Park. I think it's been in every one of the games. I marvel at all the new points of interest he finds, though.


I also marvel that he keeps finding derelict buildings. At least one of those, normally more, are in every game too.


Nice in this one, there appears to be more of an emphasis on history. Just toured a historic settlement, filled with handmade wooden furniture and implements. Very interesting. I love that kinda stuff.


But as usual, all the inventory items that you need will be in a completely different location from the place where you need to use the thing. So, we just travel, poke around, look at stuff, and find the occasional item that goes into the inventory. Sometimes you know just where to use the things you find. Sometimes you just have to try stuff. So far I've been able to make connections with several items and remembered where to go to use them.


For example, I figured out how to open the puzzle chest in the art studio. Not straightforward--you need to really look at the clue--but certainly not all that difficult. 


It's pretty clear now that the theme of this game will be finding and opening all the puzzle boxes, and learning about the dead client's life.


Actually, I'm quite sure, going by past experience, that I'm at least halfway done, if not more. One fun thing about these games is that you can really zoom along in them. 


So, tomorrow I will do more zooming! 


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment