What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Blue Madonna 3: Workin' it Out



Wow. I am truly zooming along. Have had great success and much fun as I figured out puzzles and matched inventory items to their hotspots. Lots of 'em. Yay!


"Bigge" showed up--the comic relief in most of the games. I think he came in pretty early, and has been somewhere in every game. A couple of times, including in this one, he's sent us out on a multi-layered puzzle in order to get information out of him.


Most of the puzzles are easy. As long as you accept the fact that these games are mostly about the scenery and that you're going to go places and look all over the place just to find one item that will be useful somewhere else, it's fine. Otherwise many intrepid adventurers would become a bit peeved. Not me. I enjoy success, and I enjoy the scenery.


Finding major clues is great--but picking up a blowtorch from somebody's garage? At least I figured out right away just where to use it--but only because I'd recently visited that location. Otherwise I indeed would have been stumped.


However, I got through the musical puzzle with no worries. Apparently there is a help area you can access if you need to do it, but I was fine.


The in-game hint system can be quite useful as along as you don't go for the actual hints. Often you just don't know where to go next, and Carol's diary can steer you in the right direction.


I know I'm closing in on the endgame, because I've just about filled up the locations map, I've solved some major puzzles and have acquired the "unopenable box." But it's late and I just don't want to finish tonight.


So. Till the morrow.


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment