What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Shivers 7: Eating Ixupi


Finally some progress! I have caught the wax ixupi (that took some time, actually), and am in hot pursuit of the wood ixupi.

The pot and lid of the wax one were in the anansi spider music box room. And lo! There was a wax snake. Had to go in and out and in and out of the room to catch it there--and then it kept running away instead of getting in the pot. After about a dozen tries I went downstairs and did the Maya god door puzzle to get into the same room from the other direction, and this time I got it!

That door puzzle used to give me fits, but I got it on the first try. Also got both puzzles in the astronomy room. However, that multicolored disc puzzle is stumping me this time. I have solved that several times on my own so I know I can do it, but gad. It's elusive. 

Anyway, I got the wood head in the astronomy room, and had been carrying the wood jar until I put it down to get the wax one. Now I've got the two joined and have tried a couple of times for the wood monster. I've got him scared and on the run, and I'll try again when I have a few minutes to rub together.

But all of that was fun! I don't recall ever doing it this way before. Normally I solved everything and then went ixupi hunting. But hey, if I get lucky enough to get joined jars and lids, I'm going after 'em!

Alas, I won't be able to transfer screenshots from that computer to this one. The "new" iMac is so old (which is exactly what I wanted), it doesn't recognize the thumb drive. Have to stick to cute cat pics instead.

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment