What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Shivers 5: More Progress


Things are going well with Shivers and the new iMac, although I did have a few glitches today. Sorta normal with a new machine.

But I progressed enough to actually capture an ixupi! I managed to get the ashes one, which took three tries, but I got him. I went to the library to get the book that shows you which pots are which. Now that I have a large enough screen window I can see the designs, with a bit of squinting. Just got lucky and got the right head for the right pot. Looked in the book, saw it was ashes, and headed back to the office to capture my monster. Finally got him! 

So now I have at last rejoined the game where I left off on the Thinkpad, but with more accomplished.

I did encounter some "Type 1 errors," which doesn't mean the same thing it means in research, that crashed the game. Kept happening. Most annoying. But it said to restart the machine, so I did, and it worked just great after that. Still, I am saving early and saving often, just in case.

I loaded some more great games today. Got all the Index+ games I enjoy so much, Crusader, Vikings and Genysys. They all work perfectly. Also got Morpheus, Timelapse, The Ring (which I've never played), Titanic and Traitor's Gate, which gave me a bit of trouble because I skipped too fast in it. At first the Traitor's Gate CD spun out of control and I had to crash, but it loaded and installed the game just fine on the second try.

I must look for Ferazel's Wand. I loved that game years ago, and I know I have it somewhere.

It is just so awesome to be able to play these old games again. They were marvelous in their time and they're still darned good today. The imagination is still there even if the graphics aren't what we'd expect today. I still enjoy the graphics.

And the Shivers museum still looks good, even if it isn't as sharp as today's hi def stuff is.

Awesome.

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment