What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Avernum Crystal Souls 21: The Laugh's on Me


Stoopy hooman. So I thought the game had a bug and wouldn't let me get the third Giant statue? I posted a thread asking about it on the Spiderweb Forum, and nobody replied. That just does not happen on that forum. 

So today, just to check, I went back to the Giant Fort, and I checked all the areas where there was an exclamation point on the automap of it. I went to one section, and clicked on a thingy there. I thought I'd lost it eternally because I destroyed the altar, but the statue wasn't at the altar, it was somewhere else.

I had just missed it. I also missed a secret button in a nearby area. I'll bet it was because I was in a fight, so I just moved on with the fight.

But it would have been a real problem that would have ruined this quest for many players. You don't place a quest item where a player can inadvertently destroy it, and Jeff didn't do that.

I just missed it. My bad. The laugh's on me! Got a very nice reward for finally finishing the quest, too. Could'a used that earlier!

Well I really am approaching the final part of the game now. I am over Level 30, and will only receive points every five levels from now on. I still have a ton of wisdom crystals, which turn out to be plentiful in this game, because you can get the gardner in Patrick's Tower to craft them for you.

I have been to the Northern Isles and found two black drake fangs. Turns out there there is another one somewhere, so there is no delimna about who to give the fangs to. We can satisfy all three quests. 

I have started to get into the main fort in the Northern Isles where I'm pretty sure the third Crystal Soul is, but pulled back after conquering the first gate into it. And that really was a pretty tough fight! I was never in any actual danger of getting killed, but I really did have to use my spells, and they didn't just devastate all the enemies in one blow. These guys are much tougher. As I recall, there are more gates to get through.

I have Demonslayer, but so far I'm only using it on demons. The fire and ice swords are nice to use on various hot or cold enemies. Last night I spent time finally getting the "Find Sixus" quest done. I had missed his first tower and found my self unable to get into one that turned out to be the second tower. Luckily, I chose the right conversation item when I talked to him and he survived.  However, the fight through the first tower was simple easy. Clearly, it was a quest meant to be completed much earlier in the game.

So now I have to go back to Motrax's cave and talk to a couple of wizards there. I also have to fetch the Onxy Scepter from Sulfras's cave. Haven't gone there yet. I don't think I've visited Pyrog's cave either.

So those things need to be done before I can then set out on the three major quests: Find the last Crystal Soul, destroy the Empire portal, and kill Garzhad. 

I always do all three. I want to find everything in these games, and also, stretch out my fun playing time!

It will probably take me several more days to do all of this, so that's good. But alas, the endgame looms before me. Sigh.

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment