What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Baldur's Gate 34 (b): Almost Ready


Again, I'm not going to post as often on this playthrough, but I will relate my new start.

I have acquired nearly all of my party. I did the Friendly Arms area and got Jaheira and Khalid, with of course, Xzar and Montaron tagging along. Then I bumped up and grabbed Ajantis, who is now my leader with his 17 Charisma score (this saves lotsa money). I also got Viconia, so now I have an actual cleric.

Along the way Xzar got killed accidentally when I was fighting the Ogre with the piercing belt (I put it on Jaheira, as the FAQ suggests), and I dumped Montaron when I got Viconia. So. Thence down to Beregorst. I got Khalid killed by sending him naked into the spider house. Jaheira only made one comment about it. Then I went ahead and picked up Neera, whom I will dump once I get to Naskill and get Minsc. But it turns out that not only did Neera have her awesome gem bag, which I have appropriated from her (and it has some gems in it--ha ha!), but she had a nice Traveller's Mage Robe too.

I went through a bit of a mystery when I couldn't cast spells at first. I had them scribed and properly memorized, but they were dimmed out. I googled it and learned that I might try "getting naked." So I did, and presto! Now I can cast spells. It was the armor.

Ergo, I needed at least a Traveler's Robe. Now I have one. Heh.

I'll keep the annoying Neera until I get to Naskill, because there are two wilderness areas to traverse on the way, and I'll need her spells. (Or, I might just go to High Hedge, and temporarily pick up Kivan in her place. He's a good fighter, and might be better on the trip to Naskell. Plus, I can buy the sleep spell at High Hedge, which I haven't found yet. I'll need that when we go to rescue Dynahier. I think it works pretty well on goblins. Of course I picked up the Wizard's Ring, which gives me an extra spell per level to cast, and the ring of protection. So nice that we can wear two rings in this game!

With that party I ought to do well. Plus, Jaheira has already leveled up, and Ajantis and Viconia also are at level two. It'll take awhile for me to get there, however, because as a multi-class character I won't gets experience points as quickly. 

But now that I have some "armor," so to speak, I can fight.

So things are going to plan! Tomorrow it's off to High Hedge and Naskell! Recruit Minsc and his hamster, rescue Dynaheir to cement him into the party, and I'm good to go!

Update: I have dumped Neera for Kivan, who will go with us to Naskell. It felt goooooood! (And I stole her stuff. She sniveled. Ha ha!)

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment