What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Avadon the Warborn 14: Cleaning Up


OK! Having visited the Spiderweb Forum for some advice, I found out that I had missed a quest in the very earliest town, Kirik-Tor. Turned out, actually, that I'd missed about three! But I got lucky and found it all right away.

Helpful hint: use the space bar to see the names of the characters. When you find somebody with a name, good chance you need to talk to them.

Of course, when you go back to the beginning of the game the monsters you face are going to go down when you just breathe on 'em. But I found a quest for getting gifts for a guy who wants to get married. Because I'd read the forum I knew what to get him. Fortunately I had a gold necklace in my junk bag and figured out that I could get a potted plant in Avadon. Had to buy a longbow, but it was worth it for the saved time.

Also there was a quest to clear out imps, and that got me into a couple of areas I couldn't access previously.

Went to the guest tower on my own and cleared out some rats, but they went down on mostly the first blow. My fire turret cleaned out most of 'em, and that was as a singleton.

Finally got Wallace's quest done too, thanks to the Forum.

So, I'm pretty much ready to start on the major quests again. Wanted to clean up all the minor stuff. I want to go back to the Beraza Woods and buy a couple of items I want. Might not quite have enough cash for 'em, but I'll get one at least. Then there's one more in Fort Foresight. But the next quests ought to score enough cash for that one too.

And after that, I'm pretty much ready to advance more in the game.

Probably won't get the chance to play again until Saturday because my sis is coming tomorrow. But, till then!

(And I will just say right now that buying this new PC laptop has been exactly what I needed! Really enjoying it! I can play comfortably with the 'puter literally on my lap!)


No comments:

Post a Comment