What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Avadon the Warborn 15: Dealt with It


So! I am basically at the endgame. I had an awful thing happen yesterday. I was cleaning up all the minor quests and had slaughtered everybody in the Velusa temple and had challenged the "god" and survived, and turned in the quests and all that. But when I went to reload, the Steam app had not saved my progress.

It gave me a choice of downloading from Steam or uploading from my computer. I chose the first one, and that was the wrong choice. It opened the game but I had lost every bit of progress I had made that day.

However, I poked around on the Spiderweb forum and learned that the "Thinking Construct" quest doesn't trigger until after I do the first endgame quest for Redbeard. So that saves me lots of frustration. Also, I managed to find the solutions to two different quests I hadn't been able to find earlier. Even got some nice loot from it. And plus, when I went back tonight to slaughter the temple population I found somebody I'd missed and got a really nice item from her.

So now I really have cleared up every quest except the Thinking Construct. Tomorrow I ought to be able to finish this thing, or at least make some major progress toward that goal.

However it doesn't look as though I'm going to get to level 30 after all. I'm at 28, with a couple of my characters just crossing the line into 29. Maybe I'll make 29, but I'm kind of miffed that I won't get to 30.

Well, I never claimed to be a good player of these games. I enjoy 'em and I get through 'em, and that's enough for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment