What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, November 2, 2017

To the Moon 4: Love Conquers All


So I finished! There was indeed about the right amount of playing time left. In all (Steam tells me) it took me five hours to play the game. So, it's short, but not as short as some others.

Of course the ending was schmaltzy and satisfying, but the game did veer off into a plot twist that we don't expect. It all comes nicely together.

A stargazing spot

Getting to the title theme


I did object, however, that they inserted what really was a rather lengthy platformer segment. I'm really bad at platformers, so perhaps it took me longer than most players would take, but I was peeved that it went on so long. Once that's done, however, you're basically home free.

There's still a bit of walking around in one of the final playing areas (I'm not showing the last because I don't want spoilers here). 

One of our final areas

So it was certainly worth playing. The repetition actually made the game easier. I almost wish it had been an interactive movie rather than a game (as, I understand, A Bird Story is). Not terribly frustrating, and it had humor and an emotionally satisfying story for those who love happy endings. Well, I like happy endings, so, OK.



No comments:

Post a Comment