What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Avernum 3-4: Completing Early Quests!


Had loads of fun playing yesterday, and completed some major stuff! 

Let's see. I've done the Slime Pit--a major quest. For that I got the Icy Rain level 3 spell. That's a major spell to have. I've also done the Bandits and the Goblins back in Upper Avernum. And yesterday I finished the Filth Factory quest to get rid of the cockroaches that have been plaguing the Isle of Bigail. Got another major reward for that, of course. 

I also found the GIFTS, Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders, a fun feature of the Nethergate and Avernum games. Well, it is Spiderweb Software after all! The sweet little spiders gave me a nice clue! 

A GIFT clue!

Inside the Filth Facory--a typical dungeon crawl




However, I had to consult the Spiderweb Forum to find the level 3 spell in the Filth Factory. Because we completely destroy the factory, we have to find it before we finish that quest. I didn't. Neither did lots of other folks it seems, because there was a topic about it on the Forum, including instructions and a nice photo. So I went back and re-did the thing, because one of my major goals in any Spiderweb game is to get all the Level 3 spells.

I used to make both my Mage and Priest into full wizards, both with all the mage and priest spells, but I don't think that's possible to do anymore. However, the forum does tell me that the character development is not completely capped at level 30 anymore. We don't gain more levels after 30, but we still can add points. Good. I found that to be truly unfair in the other games. I mean, we earned those points! Let us have 'em!

So I think the Troglodytes are next. In any case, I left the Isle of Bigail and camped myself in a decent inn in one of the towns on the mainland, Softport. From there I easily can get to the next quest. Actually I already got the quest, so it's just a matter of doing it. Mostly.

My party in the inn at Softport--a typical town

So, next up, the Trogoldytes! I've already wiped out a camp of them, so I know that at my current level, 18, I'm strong enough to do it.

Onward!


No comments:

Post a Comment