What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Birdwatcher 3: Finding Birds, and Stuff, and Finishing


Finished! A lovely game. I had virtually the entire day free, and once you start playing one of these games, one screen just leads to another and to another and another and before you know it you've solved the game!

I did get a bit of stuck out in the wilderness when I wandered freely and couldn't find the starting point of the puzzle. Backtracking solved that problem for me and I zoomed along again. 

I confess that I did make some use of the hint system, but again, it never really gives you a solution. It just points you in the right direction so you can continue the game. That's better than a walkthrough and saves massive frustration. 

I did get some shots of a couple of puzzles this time:

Find the clue, solve the puzzle!


This one was a bit more cryptic, but it worked!

Of course we get to meet our standby characters in these games: Carol's boyfriend Jonas, still looking good!

Jonas always helps


This time Bigge is in a relationship!

We get to wander around quite a lot in the Swedish countryside, and it is a most pleasant thing to do. Mikael did manage to find a few more abandoned buildings to search, but I didn't take any shots of those. Fortunately I save a bit of time because when I find an item in one of these places I know that's the only reason we went there, in many cases. 

We also go to a quirky kids park:


Who put the traffic cone on the tower?

Also, this time when we were finished with locations, they mostly disappeared form the map. That also saves plenty of frustration. Good move.

When we find the icon of the game, it's pretty clear that we're getting near to the end. 

Very sweet!

Also, this time we get to see Carol's apartment at night:

Nah. Not spooky!

And we get some lovely night street scenes:

Street Scene

A sculpture that figures in the game


And sadly, it seems that the longtime friend of the Nyqvists and of these games has passed away. There's a screen in his memory at the end of the credits, so I'll include it here too.


Players of these games will remember him.

I really enjoyed this one a lot! I wish I could have met the murder victim in this one, because I think he would have been nice! But it was a completely typical Carol Reed game with some good improvements. 

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment