What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Friday, March 9, 2018

Gabriel Knight 2-7: Wolves in the Woods!


Finally got back to the game again! I'm nearing the end, actually! Spent yesterday with Gabriel, fairly easy puzzles to solve. He gets to the bottom of one mystery, and I greatly do hope that he's going to succeed in getting the Polizei onto a nasty man who is capturing exotic animals for sportsmen to shoot.

And I want the animals released, too. Fortunately, so does Gabriel.

Let him out!

Most of the action takes place in the hunting lodge. Pretty easy puzzles, except for finding a box of matches. Hint: players, you have to do everything else that is possible to do in this area before you can find the matches. Once they're available the clue will be pretty obvious.

But we snoop through all of the rooms, talks to some guests, and explore the woods.

The Hunting Lodge

Exploring the woods

Like all good adventurers, we have to find a light source, and this time it's an actual (although itsy bitsy) lantern, which we will light with the matches we have finally found! Yay! Happy adventuring!



A real lantern


There is action at the end of this section, although, thankfully, there are none of the computer speed processing issues that made GK1 impossible to finish. Yeah, we have a limited amount of time to act, but it's reasonable.

If we don't do things right, of course, we wind up at the death screen:

Oops! You seem to have died. Care to try that again?

After the action, we get into Chapter Six, where Grace will take over while Gabriel is, shall we say, incapacitated. 

I found this part of the chapter much more difficult. I couldn't figure out how Grace knew to do what she did, until I realized that, of course, she got the information from her dream.

However, her jobs involve catching a pigeon. The lady really is thinking ahead!

She doesn't hurt it. Must have been traumatized though!

She will visit a lovely church where she is going to steal something with help from supernatural clues.


Nice priest. Quiet too!

And with all of that (I'm leaving out a location because we've been there before) we have the lost Wagner opera! 

I left the game halfway through this chapter, which begins "Two Months Later."

So, onward!



No comments:

Post a Comment