What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lost Crown (2): Night Terrors



It is the second night. The little game in the Northfield graveyard always manages to unnerve me. I'm sure that's mainly due to the short length of time we've got to place our plants around the church door before we're overwhelmed by the darkness, but it always gets my heart beating and did this time too. Made it on the second try, though. Best yet!


However, getting there isn't really that tough. OK, it's scary to walk down the train tracks at night after we've been warned twice not to do that. But the charm Nanny gives us works very easily. It's probably the easiest action sequence I've ever seen, and once I tried doing nothing. Nothing awful happens.


I'd forgotten just how much there is to do on the second night. Not only do we go through a major episode all the way out at Northfield, but we break in to the Museum and meet Lucy and another, really fun ghost there. Major stuff.


I saved just after Lucy joined me at Harbour Cottage. I remember that the next sequence is placing all the cameras in the cottage, and that takes some time.


I'm really impressed at all the work Jonathan put into some special shots just to enhance the atmosphere of the second night. This moon shot, for example, as we're walking out to the train tracks: 


(Click photo to embiggen)

And this one, on the train tracks:




I also noted with amusement that Nigel tells Lucy that ghosthunting "should be scientific." I'll write more about that later.


But till then, that uneasy, nighttime atmophere rules! And the kitties still rule the rooftops!






Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment