What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lost Crown (5): Spooky Night


Having put the bad stuff behind me, I had plenty of ghosthunting to do. Night Three is mostly using the technology in the cottage, and we get lots and lots of experience with that.


And then there's that telescope trick.


But first, the cottage ghosts. Nigel and Lucy had already set up the cameras, but now Nigel gets to really explore. There are certain tasks we need to perform on each screen, little puzzles, that aren't difficult, except for one that I remembered. Fortunately I got through that one with little difficulty this time, moving the cursor around the screen to get a sentence from the ghost. It's all fairly fun and not threatening.


I remember well, however, the first time I encountered Nigel's dream that night. Now, of course, it's easy. But the first time it scared me to death, as Nigel wanders around the cottage in a very strange manner. More I will not say.


The next day is, of course May Day! And there we have a surprise that again, I won't reveal. Others have not been as squeamish, but I remember the delightful surprise when I reached May Day the first time I played, and I refuse to spoil it.


I will, however, give you a photo of a teensy part of the fayre, the Punch 'n Judy Show:




But that's all you get!


So, I have gone to the May Day Fayre, had my fortune told, had my conversations, and have gone off to peer through my telescope and reveal the location of Ulcombe Church, which as I recall has the most difficult puzzle in the game, huge clues about what's really going on in the game (if I'm right, or close to right, about that), a not very scary action sequence, and the two most charming ghosts in the game.


I'll leave it there!


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment