What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Gray Matter 5: Endgame? Already?


Short game. I've advanced to the last chapter already. It only has three threads, but I've read that the endgame is more difficult than the rest of the game. The Gabriel Knight endgames all involved action sequences, some of which were quite challenging. I expect the same here.


But first, I must say that the "C Railer Swoll" riddle was an anagram, but a devious one. Solvable, but when I couldn't do it with an anagram solver I was a bit lost for awhile. Hint: try stuff related to Alice in Wonderland (duh!).


David's Chapter 7 was far too short. Only got stuck once there, in the "lab" thread. But as that thread is all confined to the labs, it isn't too tough to click on everything and find the action item. The only real difficulty is figuring out how to manipulate the items on the computer you need to examine. The other threads were cinches, but they were interesting and I must say that it had a very nice cutscene at the end.


So, now we have Sam in Chapter 8, at the Daedelus Club in London, suffering misunderstandings. She and David still think all the incidents on campus were caused by trickery. The question is, whodunit? (Ah, but we know by now that it all was really psi!--don't we?)


However, for whatever reason, my game has slowed to a glacial pace. I exited and will get back into it, hoping that it will reopen back in its usual merely slow pace. Even with only three threads, this chapter probably will take quite some time to solve. We have to tie up all the plot threads, get David (I expect) reunited with his dead wife, get Sam situated somehow, and discover the culprit who's been spying on David and, perhaps inadvertently, causing all the psi stuff (I know! I know!). Then there's that malevolent force . . .


So, let's see if I know . . .


Update: Oh freakin' wow! I have entered a master-level puzzle in the basement of the Daedalus Club. Oh yeah, this is gonna take some time. Looks like it'll be well worth it though!


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment