What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Gray Matter 6: Finished!


Done!


Yes, that last puzzle is master-level stuff. Although much of it is just wandering around amid highly imaginative scenery until you find the right stuff, the mirror maze takes some figurin'. It's the only place in the game that I had to take brief notes. You do have to figure that out by yourself, but it's doable and has quite a surprise when you solve it. Mostly, though, the clues you get for the rest of the three-part (with subparts) puzzle are good.


Update: (Hmmm. Just checked the WTs--after I finished--for the mirror maze. There is something that didn't register with me. The clue works, but I found another way through--and not by luck. However, had I registered the clue I wouldn't have needed my notes.)


But HA! I figured out a Jane Jensen mega-puzzle without a WT, and that's always something to crow about.


I enjoyed the ending. Some reviews say that it's too brief and didn't explain everything. I was quite satisfied with it, and I thought it did explain everything, although some of the explanation relied on inference.


I will not reveal if my earlier speculations were correct or not. Play the game and find out for yourself.


All in all, highly satisfying. Lovely game, if too short and waaaay too slow, but the story is up to Jensen's usual standards. I will grind out a review in a day or two. Gonna be a good one with some quibbles.


Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment