What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Lights Out 9: Over and Out?


Alas and alack. I fear I have a corrupted copy of the game.

I hunted around again and found the hotspot I missed in the little medical clinic and found more glowing numbers.

Then I decided I ought to go back to the prehistoric time because I didn't look around quite enough there. Got lost in the caves and might easily have missed something. After all, I didn't find an inventory item there. Seems as though I should have found something.

But I couldn't find a way back. I remember that you're supposed to be able to use the goggles on the pic of the spifire in the lunch room, but that doesn't work. I went back through the maze and go to the elevator, but couldn't get down, or up, to go back through the brick wall in the 1912 lighthouse.

Finally I looked at a WT. And it confirmed what my memory had said: in the 2090 lunchroom there is a picture of a spitfire. You're supposed to use the goggles on that, and it will take you back to 2004. 

But that doesn't work. The hotspot isn't there.

As far as I can tell, that's the only way out of this time zone, because I tried going back through the maze (twice) to get out the way I came in and there's no hotspot there either.


Result: I am stuck in 2090 and cannot finish the game.

So maybe these Amazon downloads aren't that great after all.

I will try to re-download the game and see if the problem gets fixed. I shouldn't lose my saved game, because the saving system is so primitive that it's stored in the documents.

If I can't fix it, that will not be good. I think I'm pretty close to the endgame.

Alas.

Update: I tried removing my game completely (renamed the savegame file so I wouldn't lose that) and redownloaded the game from Amazon. Relaunched. The savegame worked, but the game still has that glitch. My only option now is to try it on my Dad's Vista computer--I might be able to transfer the savegame file via my little USB drive, and/or asking Jonathan if he has a patch or a fix I could use.

Stay tuned.

Up-Update: Good news! I found a WT for the Director's Cut version. It seems that the spitfire pic is not animated in this version. Instead, I have to go back through the maze (for the third time, this will be) and click on a certain portion of the elevator wall to get back to the 1912 lighthouse. I've tried that twice and couldn't find the hot spot, but apparently I missed it, which is easy to do in this game. Navigation, if I haven't mentioned before, is a bitch. So! I CAN finish the game if I can find that hotspot, and the Amazon download's reputation is saved. 

But not for a few days yet.

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment