What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Shivers 3: Memories


Just some quick play tonight. Poked around in the office and found background material, newspaper article about missing teens, Windlenot's scrapbook and a letter from his wife about his son Geoffrey. A tape recording that appears to include Windlenot getting bitten by an ixupi, plus more instructions about what we're supposed to do in the game.

Navigation is kinda slow, which worries me about the ixupis. If you turn away from them right away they can't bite you. But this game doesn't react very quickly. Best thing is to stay away from them, which I normally used to do anyway. They make a unique sound before they bite, and if you react quickly enough you should never get bitten.

But still.

Problem is, I keep remembering where the darned things are, and sheesh, they are all over the place. There's the ash one in the fireplace in the office. That one's easy. Then I remembered the wood one in the woodworking area off the office. Then there's the water one, but only once you've filled the fountain in the lobby. Then there's the metal one in the iron horse, the sand one in the plant room.

Darned things are everywhere. And that's just from my memory.

Nevertheless, I've already solved a puzzle! Yay! Kinda easy, actually, the drawers puzzle in the woodworking room, which yielded a pot. Also found a lid in Windlenot's desk. Swapped that for the pot. Then found another lid in the bird heads on the wall in the lobby, and another pot in the plant room, which I didn't take. I'm keeping notes about all these. Later, I'll find the icons in the library that tell me which is which.

I wandered into the Atlantis room. As I recall there is one there, but it's pretty much out of the way, and I remember that there are at least three puzzles in there. Also remembered to push the little buttons at the entrance of each exhibit room--you get points for that.

I'm having a real problem with this thing running in half screen. Have to get my nose right up to it to see some details properly, and to read stuff.  Still, it's the Shivers I remember, so I'm mostly happy.

Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment