What I'm Doing Here

Because I enjoy adventure games, I decided to start this blog and record my fun and frustrations as I play various adventures and some RPGs. I try not to spoil the games, so you can read and play, or play and read. I'm also reviewing some games, as I used to do in the past for Four Fat Chicks. I hope I'll spark your interest in playing, or at least entertain you with my musings. Please note that my musings are only speculations. You, or the game designer, may disagree with my opinions. At the end of each entry is a link to the next entry about that game, and you'll find a list of beginning links to the right, just under my cat's photo. Feel free to comment and play along! Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Papers, Please 2: Choices



Grabbed a few more moments to play and got all the way to to Dec 1st in the game. Suspicious of every entrant, but I bid them velcome despite the continuing terrorist attacks. 

In order to pay for the search upgrades in my guard booth, the country made ME pay 5 credits.

However, I did much better the last few days, and now have a bit of savings and am doing OK with the credits. In lean times, I alternate between paying for food and for heat. My last "night" was OK. I had enough money and some to spare, so I paid for everything. 

However, a moral choice came into it. A girl entered and gave me a note asking that I deny entry to a man she suspected would force her into prostitution. I spotted him, but let him in. My moral choice: that's up to the police and I have a family to consider. I would have been docked 5 credits for turning him down.

Humor: one old guy keeps coming back without the proper documents. He's determined. Last time my character told him not to come back again.

The Papers, Please working screen

Another moral choice: a husband and wife were fleeing another country. He was OK, but she lacked a document. I let her in anyway. She gave me a gem for it--and perhaps that's where my new "savings" are coming from.

For awhile I had to search all the entrants from one country, but their diplomats objected, so now we're back to normal on it. I've had to fingerprint several entrants, and caught one. I detain people for very little reason: a document seems forged--usually the passport. 

So far I'm comfortable with my moral choices, but that may change. 

Now, it's back to Kirkus books!

UPDATE:  I'm taking the bribes.


No comments:

Post a Comment